In 2015, I was blessed to travel across Europe and Africa, and see so many beautiful places that made me feel utterly grateful for this blog of mine. When 2016 came, I thought that 2015 would be the biggest year of travel ever, since I knew beforehand that 2016 would be a very busy year due to work commitments. So, I wrote a blog post saying that this year I will not be able to travel a lot but I am having grand plans for 2017 and I was feeling good with my decision. Little did I know…
In 2016, I went on a cruise around the Greek islands, but not your average cruise where you are restricted on a boat and just travel through places. I visited 7 Greek islands, I went diving in the crystal blue waters, walked through ancient monument sites and had a bonfire by the beach! I met the most interesting people, had yoga during sunrise on the boat and even witnessed a wedding proposal on the boat! I also got to visit Paris for Valentine’s and explore a bit more, go to Copenhagen for the first time and fall in love forever with the city, and go on a countryside retreat in North Berwick, in the most luxurious hotel I’ve ever visited so far!
By the end of the year I received an exciting invitation to experience a weekend in Glasgow and around Loch Lomond, which made me see the most beautiful side of the lake and eat at the best restaurant. And when October kicked in, my darling Steven surprised me with the best surprise of them all and took me on a lovely trip to Venice!
When I look back at 2016 and reflect on all the moments I lived and the things we experienced, I am even more proud of Natbee’s and all the people who read this place. So a BIG THANK YOU to you all for following us along this life journey and showing me your love every single day.I will forever be grateful of your support!
Here’s a wee travel recap::
January, London: New Year’s Eve in London.
February, Paris: The perfect Valentine’s weekend getaway in Paris!
March, Edinburgh:Weekend in Edinburgh.
April, Copenhagen: Weekend in Copenhagen, things to do in 48 hours.
May, North Berwick:
- The Style Edit // Yacht Week Outfits
- 10 Reasons to visit Kos island
- Beer and calamari party
- Hiking the Italian pathway in Kalymnos island
- Sunset at Pandeli castle in Leros island
- Boats white houses and a dash of pink
- Dinner on the beach in Patmos island
- Canoeing in Amorgos island, Santorini sunsets
August, London: The Orangery at Kensington palace
- Arriving in Greece
- The Greek countryside, Servia city
- The Byzantium castle of Servia
- Best seafood restaurant in Volos
- Glasgow walking lunch food tours
- 5 Things you have to see at the Kelvingrove museum
- A weekend in Loch Lomond #packmorein
- Dinner at Table 11
- How to spend an hour in Balmaha, coffees and cakes
- A weekend vacation at the Old School House, where to stay in Loch Lomond
- Welcome to the Glengoyne Distillery Whisky!
- Experience Scotland’s Wild, Hiking around Loch Lomond