One of the things I enjoy the most is baking, especially when flavours like lemons are involved since memories take me back into summers in Greece…
Coincidentally, lemon cake happens also to be Steven’s favourite, so win-win!
This is a very easy to follow recipe and the cake is so delicious you will want to eat the entire loaf within a day (real life story). The ingredients are pretty much what we all have in our cupboards so roll your sleeves on and let’s get started!
1. Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees. Grease the loaf case with butter and line with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the sugar.
3. Add the Greek yogurt, butter, lemon zest, rum and vanilla essence and mix all together.
4. Shift the flour and baking powder and mix all together. At the end add the raisins and/or chopped dried prunes in the mixture.
5. Pour the batter in the tin and bake for an hour.
Insert a wooden pick in the cake to make sure it is baked uniformly. Beauty isn’t it?
Remove it from the tin and let it set in a rack before placing it on a serving tray.
Have the kettle on and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this or tag me on Instagram (@natbeesfashion).