Hello again, it’s me, Maria, Natbee’s food blogger, bringing you a Banana Oatmeal Bread, a delicious and easy recipe to make today! How was everyone’s summer like? Mine was pretty great, I began working in my internship position and travelled to Greece to go on a trip with my best girlfriends to Elafonisos. I hope you liked my previous recipe here at Natbee’s, the Quinoa porridge with roasted almonds and warm berries sauce – if you have any questions regarding this or any other recipe please let me know in the comments below!
I have a new recipe for you, this Banana Oatmeal Bread will help you battle these mid/afternoon munchies the healthy way. For me, it suits perfectly as a breakfast option, especially if you toast it and put some peanut butter on top. Nothing beats a good and moist banana bread like this one, trust me!
Banana Oatmeal Bread
- 2 large bananas (ripe and smashed)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (or any other kind of milk)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. In a large bowl whisk together the oil and honey. Then pour inside the eggs and whisk again very well until everything is combined. Add the milk and smashed bananas.
2. Lastly add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix everything very well. Mix in the walnuts.
3. In a prepared loaf pan pour the bread dough. Take your other banana and slice in lengthwise. Top the unbaked bread with the two halves of banana.
4. Bake the bread for 40 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
5. Let the Banana and Oatmeal Bread cool for about 10 minutes and then enjoy it while it’s still warm.