Hello everyone, Maria from Meli and Cinnamon here with a delicious Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut recipe for you! Wow, it’s been a while since I shared a recipe with you, but I have to say trying to go to the University, working, socialising and keeping your personal life active is kind of hard. Add in the winter blues and there you have it. So, as a gift to yourself and maybe to other people, I have this special advice for you during the holidays…enjoy the moment! I know, a bit of cliché. BUT, so important. There is no point thinking about finding a job in 2018 (that especially goes to me), a relationship or something else that is bothering you ever other day. Holidays are for family and friends to come together and spend time with each other. Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut
Another gift I have for you, is a recipe for Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut! What I love about this Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can basically add any type of nut you want or the ones that you have and want to get rid of. The cranberries give it an incredible sweetness and the coconut an exotic taste. Chocolate barks are my favourite. I love chocolate as it is, pure and dark. But sometimes I just need the extra crunchiness. This one is my go to sweet snack and I try to make it regularly if I have chocolate or nuts hanging around. Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut
With Christmas and New Year coming, this chocolate bark can be a perfect DIY gift as well. For me there is nothing more satisfying that giving homemade gifts. Of course I don’t always have the time, but whenever I am invited to a dinner or just at someone’s house, I like to bring a little something I made. So without further words from me, let’s go to the recipe…
Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut Ingredients
300gr dark chocolate (at least 70%)
2/3 cup of mixed chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts)
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
3 tablespoons of coconut flakes
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. In a medium pan on low heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. You have to stir the chocolate very often to avoid burning. Once the chocolate has melted and has a kind of glossy texture, remove the pan from heat and set aside.
2. Mix all of nuts together, cranberries and chia seeds together and leave coconut flakes for the end.
3. In a big baking dish or pan, set a large piece of baking paper. Take your pan and carefully pour the melted chocolate on top of the baking paper. Using a spatula, try to spread the chocolate on the pan, but make sure that it has some thickness (around 1,5 cm).
4. When you have prepared the chocolate, start spreading the nuts on top. Next add cranberries and chia seeds and in the end add the coconut flakes. You want to have every corner of the chocolate covered with a topping, make sure you don’t leave anything uncovered.
5. Leave your chocolate to chill in a cool surface or place. I left it for a couple of hours to chill in room temperature and then put it in the fridge, because the weather was quite hot outside and the chocolate wouldn’t become solid.
6. When it’s ready, simply cut it into pieces you desire.
P.S. If you want to make it as a gift, simply cover it with some baking sheet and use a twine to tie a knot.
Have you ever tried a Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut? Let me know your thoughts on this Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut recipe in the comments section below!