Looking through my archived Instagram Stories is what gets me through these days. Last year, on this day I was eating Greek zucchini (or courgette, depending on where you are reading this from!) crips in a seaside taverna with my parents. Fried zucchini crips is one of the most common Greek meze dishes – consumed with tzatziki, fresh Greek salad and a bit of wine or ouzo!
My mum would always cook zucchini crips or fritters during summer with tender zucchini she’d gather from our vegetable patch, and it would be one addictive snack for me and my sister.
The best part about these is how easy it is to make them, it literally took me an hour since I was reminded of that dish through my archived Stories to cooking, eating and cleaning the table!
To make these cripsy Greek zucchini crips all you need is:
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt, pepper
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices and cover them with absorbing paper to dry them as much as possible.
- Fill a bowl with flour and then dip and dredge each zucchini slice.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the slices until they get a brown-golden colour.
- Remove the zucchini chips from the pan and allow them to cool on a paper towel-lined dish.
- Serve with tzatziki or yoghurt with herbs.