This is an excellent afternoon tea treat to satisfy your sugar cravings without having a tiny bit of sugar added!
My flatmate followed this recipe
and it turned out to be a really nice banana bread so decided to share with you. I think it is perfect if you are on the Kayla Itsines challenge or a fitness addict!
For this recipe you will need:
- low-fat spread, for the tin, plus extra to serve
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mashed bananas from overripe black bananas
- 4 tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 150ml pot low-fat natural yogurt (we used Skyr)
- 25g chopped walnuts of chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees, grease and line with baking paper a a loaf tin.
2. Mix the flour, soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
3. Mix the bananas, honey, eggs and yogurt and stir into dry ingredients.
4. Gently scrape into the tin and add the chocolate chips or chopped walnuts on top.
5. Bake for an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack before serve.