Yesterday it was a very good day in a long, long time. In the one year away from Greece, I have realised I talk more about the weather than anything else. So, when I saw this very nice sunny weather on Sunday, I had to take a roadtrip that lead me to Geneve and to a lot of food. It was a Street Food Festival, where food trucks line up together and you can have anything you want. We tried some Japanese treats, a simple bacon cheese burger, mojitos and a burger with lobster, beef and pork. The last one turned out to be amazing…
To start the week, I have the perfect recipe for you. A pie filled with summer fruit and a buttery crumble on top to make it even more delicious and comforting. In this recipes I used rhubarbs and cherries, but you can put strawberries as well or raspberries. Remember to always have fun when you make a new recipe and don’t be intimidated by it.
ingredients (for one pie)
1 buttery pie dough of your choice
4 cups of pitted cherries
2 cups rhubarb cut in slices
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cold butter cut in slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
for the crumble
150 gr butter cold and cut in pieces
100 gr flour
80 gr sugar
to serve: ice cream of your choice
1. Prepare your fruit and put them in a large bowl. Pour inside the sugar and lemon and stir very well.
2. Prepare your pie tin with some oil brushing. Carefully place the dough on the tin and then pour in the middle the prepared fruit.
3. In a food processor mix together the butter with the flour until breadcrumbs are created. Then add in the sugar and mix again.
4. Place the crumbs on top of the fruit of the pie, making sure all of the fruit is covered with the crumbs. Preheat oven to 190 C.
5. Bake your pie in this temperature for 20 minutes and then lower the temperature to 175 C and bake for 30 minutes or until the pie turns golden, while juices come out.
6. Let it cool for some minutes and then serve with some ice cream.
Find more of my recipes on my blog HERE